Did you enjoy last week’s adventure? If you missed it, you can access it here.
It was inspiring to see the variety of courses that you all participated in and the range of ways in which you did so – from group classes, to 1:1s to on-line and You Tube! Whatever you decided to do last week, you’ve had a taste of what it’s like to try out a new skill. Are you going to stick with it? Let us know in the comments below or over on the Life Design Mastermind Facebook Group.
This week’s challenge is to Be a Tourist in Your Own City
For me, being a tourist is a unique mind-set. You tend to pay attention to the sights, sounds and aromas around you in a different way than you do in everyday life. When soaking up the atmosphere of a new place, the experience of being a tourist is like no other.
When we go ‘on holiday’ we tend to make the most of every waking minute – whether that’s not doing a whole lot of waking at all or whether it’s getting out and about and exploring from dusk until dawn.
This week is all about taking on the role of tourist (the awake kind!) in your own city. Here are some ideas about ways to prepare:
- Visit Trip Advisor and enter the name of your nearest town as the search term. There are amazing forums jam packed full of ideas about what you can do in a day! The site also includes details of restaurants and cafes so you can factor in some refreshment breaks and plan where you’ll go next.
- Look up the ‘What’s On’ guide for your city. For you, being a tourist may meet going to a local attraction (for example, the Sydney Opera House) and seeing a production or simply having a cocktail whilst the sun sets on the Harbour.
- Make a list of the places that you would recommend a friend or family member visit if they were coming to your city. Then go there.
- Visit your local library or Tourist information office for ideas about what’s happening and where to go.
- If you live in the middle of nowhere, or are time-pressed this week, then bring your city to you. Perhaps there’s a film that’s been made about it, or a type of food that is particular to your area. Hire the DVD, order a take-away and immerse yourself in the at home tourist experience.
When you’ve decided what you’re going to embark upon this week please share your your plans in the Facebook Group! And remember to complete your 52 Adventures Action Planner for this week too.
Yours in Adventure
PS: I’d love to receive a postcard from you from the city you’re in!